Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick-or-treat?

Trick's on me. Halloween isn't a popular holiday in Halloween. Fortunately since I am working at an America school most of the on-campus professors are foreigners who celebrate the holiday and knew what to expect when I brought 40 kids around trick-or-treating. The kids had a whole slew of activities planned for them on Halloween day including pumpkin carving and costume contests. Much to their dismay, I did not allow them to bob for apples as they have done in years past. No need for swine flu to be spreading even quicker than it already is here.

Apparently there is a celebration in late February (sometimes March) where kids and adults alike get dressed up for a certain festivity. As you can clearly see by my vagueness I don't know too much about it, but I will let you know when it happens--or at the rate I'm going, a few weeks after it happens when I have time to post!

I just wanted to share a few of the pictures that I snapped of the kids on Halloween so that you can see the students that I am living with.








No comments:

Post a Comment